The Blackhawk Area Council provides financial help to needy and deserving Scouts registered with the Blackhawk Area Council to ensure that they will not be deprived of a summer/resident camp experience because their family is facing financial hardship. A campership may cover up to one-half (early fee) of the Scout’s camp fee, as unit help is expected.
The Campership Request Application is due by April 1.
Funds are limited, and unit / family participation is required. Scouts should be participating in unit money-earning projects and the council popcorn sale to earn money to be used for camp fees.
Priority will be given to Scouts submitting for the first or second year.
Camperships are not transferable. If the Scout does not attend camp, the campership is void.
If approved, a confirmation letter will be sent to the unit leader. Information that appears on this request is kept confidential. Future camperships will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Review Committee.
- Scout must be registered in the Blackhawk Area Council
- Camperships may only be used for attending Blackhawk Area Summer Camp (overnight / day camp)
- Funds will be credited to the unit’s total camp fees
- All fundraising opportunities must be exhausted & contributors should include: unit / family / individual / Chartered Organization
- Unit Leader & Parent / Guardian information is required
- All information needs to be completely filled out
- Attending additional camps (sports camp / high adventure) doesn’t demonstrate financial hardship