The Blackhawk Area Council provides financial help to needy and deserving Scouts registered with the Blackhawk Area Council to ensure that they will not be deprived of a camp experience because their family is facing financial hardship. A campership may cover up to one-half (early fee) of the Scout’s camp fee, as unit help is expected.
Campership Request Application Deadlines
– May 1: Scouts BSA / Venturing Crew youth
– May 20: Cub Scouts and recent AOL crossovers into Scouts BSA Troop attending their first-year at summer camp
Access application by CLICKING HERE
Funds are limited, and unit / family participation is required. Scouts should be participating in unit money-earning projects and the council popcorn sale to earn money to be used for camp fees.
Priority will be given to Scouts submitting for the first or second year.
Camperships are not transferable. If the Scout does not attend camp, the campership is void.
If approved, a confirmation letter will be sent to the unit leader. Information that appears on this request is kept confidential. Future camperships will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Review Committee.
- Scout must be registered in the Blackhawk Area Council
- Camperships are used toward Blackhawk Area Council camp activities (overnight/day) which includes: Scouts BSA Canyon Summer Camp; Cub Scout Summer Camps (Tiger-Bear and Webelos/AOL); Family Camp (Spring and Fall); Cub Scout Day Camp
- Awardee needs to pay their portion of the registration fee (fee minus campership) prior to the event; campership funds will be applied to the final balance after event attendance is verified
- All fundraising opportunities must be exhausted & contributors should include: unit / family / individual / Chartered Organization
- Unit Leader & Parent / Guardian information is required
- All information needs to be completely filled out
- Attending additional camps (sports camp / high adventure) doesn’t demonstrate financial hardship