It’s ALWAYS a GREAT time to join Scouting!
Units can use the resources below for successful recruitments
Recruitment Preparation Resources:
Check out these videos to help you with your recruitment HERE.
Do you have an idea for a video that could help with recruitment? Submit your suggestion to: Emily.Cross@scouting.org
Let’s Get Started!
- #1 Set your date, time, & location
- #2 Submit your Flyer Request Form – Fillable to your District Professional
- #3 Get a Youth Talk scheduled at your school by working with your District Professional
- #3 Have flyers distributed at the school / church / other locations where your new Scouts are waiting to be invited to join your unit.
- Flyer Templates:
- Have your Scouts invite others!
- #4 Be sure that your unit’s Be-A- Scout Pin is up to date. See how here: Be-A-Scout-Pin-Set-up instructions PDF Important: Check your unit’s online applications and leads at least weekly. The system is supposed to send notification emails, but sometimes it may not. For information on how to check your online leads / applications click here for instructions. Scroll down to Invitation Manager and Application Manager for instructional videos.
- Have each person sign in on the Join Scouting Night Attendance Sheet
- Ask each person to fill out an Application (youth) / Application (Adult)
- Follow the Join Scouting Night Script
- Provide a Unit information sheet to each family
- Ask each family to complete the Family Talent Survey
- Set up rank / grade Table Tents
- Utilize the Joining Fee Schedule (as of 8/1/2023) to easily figure the joining fees for your new Scouts
- Fill out the REPORT ENVELOPE FORM at the end of the recruitment event
- Complete a Scout Recruiter Patch Form for any current Scout that recruited a fried to join and turn this into your District Professional
Den Organization Meeting
- Your first meeting with your new families can follow the Join Scouting Night Den Organization Guidebook
Welcoming New Families
- New Member Coordinators – Who are they? How can they help? Learn more HERE.
Event Flyers / Information
Have flyers and camp / activity information at your recruitment and your Pack / Den meetings
Share the PDF electronically with your Scouts & Families or print the pages you want!
- Youth Application (English and Spanish)
- Adult Application (Including Disclosures and Background Check Authorization)
- Joining Fee Schedule (as of 8/1/2023)
- 2023 Recruitment Guidebook
- Youth Protection Training/ Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader
- Family Talent Survey
- Family Scouting Resource
- Scout Life Mini Magazine
- National Recruitment Tools
DISTRICT MEMBERSHIP CHAIR CONTACTS:
Council Vice President of Membership: Tamara Richardson
Pioneer Membership Chair : Dan Dick
Sycamore Membership Chair: Leah Beeson
Wanchanagi Membership Chair: Tiffany Kuroda
White Eagle Membership Chair: Vacant
Council Advisor: Emily Cross