What is S’mores with Scouts? Simply put its your unit’s fall recruitment event. The idea is to invite new youth and their families to enjoy S’mores while learning about Scouting. Have a recruitment but not having S’mores? No problem you can still use this form to tell us all about it.
Units can use the resources below for successful Join Scouting Night / Events
Recruitment Preparation Resources
BRAND NEW RESOURCE! We have put together videos to help you with your recruitment.
View all the amazing videos HERE
Do you have an idea for a video that could help with recruitment? Submit your suggestion to: Emily.Cross@scouting.org
Let’s Get Started!
- #1 Set your date, time, & location
- #2 Submit your Flyer Request Form – Fillable to your District Professional
- #3 Have flyers distributed at the school / church / other locations where your potential Scouts are
- New Flyers! Flyer Templates:
- Have your Scouts invite others!
Recruitment Night Resources
- Have each person sign in on the Attendance Sheet (Join Scouting Night)
- Ask each person to fill out an Application (youth) / Application (Adult)
- Follow theJoin Scouting Night Script
- Provide a Unit information sheet to each family
- Ask each family to complete the Family Talent Survey
- Set up rank / grade Table Tents
- Utilize the Joining Fee Schedule to easily figure the joining fees for your new Scouts
- Fill out the Report Envelope Form at the end of the recruitment event
- Complete a Recruiter Patch Form for any current Scout that recruited a fried to join and turn this into your District Professional
Den Organization Meeting
- Your first meeting with your new families can follow the Join Scouting Night Den Organization Guidebook
Event Flyers / Information
Have these flyers and camp / activity information at your recruitment and your Pack / Den meetings
- Fall 2022_Scout Shop Flyer
- AOL Cub Scout Webelos Resident Camp
- Family Camp Flier
- Lowden 22′ Adventures
- Gladiators of Scouting
Membership Kickoff 2022!
Join us on July 26th at 7:00Ppm for our membership kickoff!
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Youth Application (English and Spanish)
- Adult Application (Including Disclosures and Background Check Authorization)
- Joining Fee Schedule
- 2022 BAC Recruitment Book
- Family Talent Survey
- Family Scouting Resource
- Scout Life Mini Magazine
- National Recruitment Tools