Set your sights on Spring recruitment! It’s ALWAYS a GREAT time to join Scouting!
Looking for a recruitment overview or refresher? Attend Roundtable this March / April for the Recruitment Bootcamp session. Get all the info in a concentrated forum.
Learn / review how to effectively plan, market, and execute recruitments! More Scouts = More FUN!
Sycamore – Thursday March 9th@ 7:00 p.m. Grace Lutheran Church – 1300 Kishwaukee Valley Rd, Woodstock
Pioneer – Wednesday April 12th via zoom
Wanchanagi – Thursday April 13th @ 7:00 p.m. Christ United Methodist Church – 4509 Highcrest Rd, Rockford
White Eagle – Thursday April 13th @ 7:00 p.m. St. Paul Lutheran Church – 421 S Peoria Ave, Dixon
Units can use the resources below for successful recruitments
Recruitment Preparation Resources:
Check out these videos to help you with your recruitment HERE.
Do you have an idea for a video that could help with recruitment? Submit your suggestion to: Emily.Cross@scouting.org
Let’s Get Started!
- #1 Set your date, time, & location
- #2 Submit your Flyer Request Form – Fillable to your District Professional
- #3 Have flyers distributed at the school / church / other locations where your potential Scouts are
- New Flyers! Flyer Templates:
- Have your Scouts invite others!
- #4 Be sure that your unit’s Be-A- Scout Pin is up to date. See how here: Be-A-Scout-Pin-Set-up instructions PDF
- Have each person sign in on the Attendance Sheet (Join Scouting Night)
- Ask each person to fill out an Application (youth) / Application (Adult)
- Follow the Join Scouting Night Script
- Provide a Unit information sheet to each family
- Ask each family to complete the Family Talent Survey
- Set up rank / grade Table Tents
- Utilize the Joining Fee Schedule to easily figure the joining fees for your new Scouts
- Fill out the Report Envelope Form at the end of the recruitment event
- Complete a Recruiter Patch Form for any current Scout that recruited a fried to join and turn this into your District Professional
Den Organization Meeting
- Your first meeting with your new families can follow the Join Scouting Night Den Organization Guidebook
Event Flyers / Information
Have flyers and camp / activity information at your recruitment and your Pack / Den meetings
Membership Kickoff 2023!
Information coming soon.
- Youth Application (English and Spanish)
- Adult Application (Including Disclosures and Background Check Authorization)
- Joining Fee Schedule
- 2022 BAC Recruitment Book
- Family Talent Survey
- Family Scouting Resource
- Scout Life Mini Magazine
- National Recruitment Tools