The District Award of Merit is a council award presented by districts to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level.
Candidates for this award must be nominated. Self-nomination disqualifies the candidate.
- A nominee must be a registered Scouter.
- A nominee must have rendered noteworthy service to youth in Scouting, outside of Scouting, or both.
- Note: The nature and value of “noteworthy service to youth” may consist of a single plan or decisions that contributed vitally to the lives of large numbers of youth or it may have been given to a small group over an extended period of time.
- Consideration must be given to the nominee’s Scouting position and the corresponding opportunity to render outstanding service beyond the expectations of that Scouting position.
- The nominee’s attitude toward and cooperation with the district, division, and/or council is to be taken into consideration.
For more information about this award or how to make a nomination please reach out to your District Executive.