Giving Tuesday is COMING UP on November 28!
Blackhawk Area Council is committed to equipping young people with the knowledge, confidence, and sense of responsibility needed to make a difference in our community. Your support is instrumental in continuing our mission!
By joining us on this day of global giving, you have the chance to make a profound difference in the lives of the Scouts we serve and strengthen the future of our community.
What Can My Gift Do?
Giving to Scouting at any level makes a difference in the lives of the youth and the families we serve. As you ponder what difference a gift to Blackhawk Area Council Scouting could make, consider:
- Provide a Cub Scout with 1 day of Day Camp
- Send a Cub Scout to a Shooting Sports Summer Adventure Day at Camp Lowden
- Provide BALOO or IOLS Training for a Scout Leader who Could Not Otherwise Afford to Attend
- Send a Scout with a Parent to a Weekend at Family Camp
- Work with a Scouts BSA Scout at a Camp Lowden Merit Badge Day
- Sponsor an Eagle Scout’s free attendance and recognition at the Annual Council Recognition Dinner
- Secure a required Fire Permit for Continuous Fire, an event for our Scouts to Celebrate 100 Years of Blackhawk Area Council
- Pay the yearly registration fee for a Scout, ensuring that financial barriers do not prevent youth and families from benefiting from the Scouting program.
- Provide a full scholarship for a youth or an adult to attend OKPIK cold weather camping training
- provide a 50% scholarship for an adult to attend Woodbadge advanced leadership training
- Buy enough leatherworking consumable supplies for 100 Scouts to make a wristband at a camporee or day camp
- A $365 gift lets us: Provide a Campership (Scholarship) for 1 full week of Summer Camp at Canyon Camp
- Covers all costs to support one Scout for a full program year
You play a critical role in empowering our youth, strengthening our community and inspiring the next generation of leaders.
Make sure you set a calendar reminder or paper your refrigerator with post-it notes – whatever works to remind you that Giving Tuesday is on November 28, 2023.