As COVID-19 continues to have changing implications for Scouting across our Council’s twelve counties, this page is here to offer resources for units and families to successfully continue Scouting from home, online, or in small groups. This is also where you will find important updates from the Blackhawk Area Council and our national Boy Scouts of America office.
Update February 28, 2022
The Blackhawk Area Council is happy to provide this latest update for COVID Guidance for Blackhawk Area Council Units.
- Masking: Masking has been proven to be effective in the spread of COVID. As of February 28, 2022 masking is still recommended but not required unless the facility where Scouts are gathering has made the decision to continue masking requirements. Please check with venues when traveling and with your sponsoring organizations for their location guidelines. Scouts and Scouters wishing to continue masking even when not required should be allowed to do so.
- Scouts and Scouters with symptoms still pose a transmission threat and should be asked to refrain from activities for 5 days from symptom onset and recommended to wear a mask for up to 10 days from symptom onset.
- Vaccine Verification- When planning trips to different venues, please check to verify if proof of vaccination is required for admittance or activities.
- Tenting: 2 people per tent is permitted as long as the individuals are opposite of each other (head to toe layout) if possible
- Carpooling: Use of all seats is permitted. All passengers are recommended to wear masks in vehicles unless traveling with only members of their own household.
- Patrol style cooking: Those who are cooking are recommended to wear masks and gloves while cooking.
- Family style / buffet meals: Permitted
- Mess kits / reusable dishware: Permitted while ensuring proper sanitation is done during cleanup.
- Water jugs: Permitted
Units are encouraged to utilize the information below to help prepare for activities while keeping everyone safe.
Thank you all for your service to Scouting and taking the time to keep everyone safe.
Should you have any questions please contact:
Sean Nadeau Sean.Nadeau@scouting.org or 815-397-0210.
Please remember that all rules / guidance of the location of Scouting meetings and activities must be followed. Be sure to check with the location.