As COVID-19 continues to have changing implications for Scouting across our Council’s twelve counties , this page is here to offer resources for units and families to successfully continue Scouting from home, online, or in small groups. This is also where you will find important updates from the Blackhawk Area Council and our national Boy Scouts of America office.
Update June 21, 2021
1 Clarification has been added to masking
The Blackhawk Area Council is happy to provide this latest update for COVID Guidance for Blackhawk Area Council Units.
- Masking: Masks must be worn by individuals that are not fully vaccinated except when outdoors and socially distanced.
- Tenting: 2 people per tent is permitted as long as the individuals are opposite of each other (head to toe layout)
- Carpooling: Use of all seats is permitted. Those who are not vaccinated must wear masks unless traveling with only members of their own household.
- Patrol style cooking: Those who are cooking must wear masks and gloves while cooking.
- Family style / buffet meals: Permitted
- Mess kits / reusable dishware: Permitted while ensuring proper sanitation is done during cleanup.
- Water jugs: Permitted
Units are encouraged to utilize these checklists to help prepare for activities while keeping everyone safe.
Thank you all for your service to Scouting and taking the time to keep everyone safe.
The Blackhawk Area Council Risk Management Team
Your Council Key 3
Dr. Kris Tumilowicz
Please remember that all rules / guidance of the location of Scouting meetings and activities must be followed. Be sure to check with the location.